(425) 382-2956

Can you Paint Over Mold?

paint over mold | Good to Go Restoration

Painting over mold is physically possible. However, it is not recommended.

Mold can easily seep through the paint and continue to grow. If a wall has visible mold growth, the mold should be removed before painting.

It is crucial to find and fix the source of moisture that caused the mold before attempting to paint over it.

Will painting over mold kill it?

No,  painting over mold will not kill it.

Painting can temporarily inhibit growth, but if the source of moisture is not addressed, the mold will continue to grow and spread beneath the paint.

The only way to effectively stop mold growth is to remove it entirely and correct any sources of excessive moisture.

What happens if you paint over mold?

Paint is not a reliable or practical solution for treating mold.

When you paint over mold, it will continue to grow beneath the surface and can spread throughout the area, leading to more extensive damage and health risks if left untreated.

Painting over mold in your home or business won’t fix the problem. It will just temporarily cover it.

Contacting a professional mold remediation specialist to treat any visible signs of mold before painting over it is crucial.

How do you treat mold before painting?

The most effective way to treat mold before painting is to obliterate it.

It is vital to find and fix the source of moisture that caused the mold to prevent it from returning.

Professionals will use a vacuum with a HEPA filter and an EPA-registered disinfectant to thoroughly clean the affected area and apply mold-resistant paint or sealant.

Additionally, it is vital to use proper ventilation while painting the area. This will help minimize the potential health risks associated with mold exposure.

Once complete, you can paint over the area to protect your home and keep it safe from further mold growth.

Mold and health risks associated with it

Mold can cause various health problems.

  • It can cause upper respiratory symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, and difficulty breathing.
  • It can also cause allergic reactions such as skin rash or itchy eyes.
  • Long-term mold exposure can lead to more severe health problems, including asthma attacks and weakened immune systems.

Therefore, taking any visible signs of mold seriously and having a professional assess the situation to determine the best course of action is essential.

Common places for mold growth inside and outside your home

Mold is commonly found in areas of the home with high moisture levels, such as bathrooms, basements, and attics. It can also grow outdoors on decks, patios, and siding.

Mold grows most quickly in warm, humid environments.

It can spread rapidly through a home if left untreated, so addressing any visible signs of mold is essential as soon as possible.

Why choose Good to Go Restoration to kill mold?

Good to Go Restoration specializes in mold remediation and removal.

  • Our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to providing the highest quality service and care for our customers.
  • We use advanced tools, techniques, and products to identify, remove, and prevent mold growth in your home or commercial property. 
  • We also offer additional services related to water damage and fire damage restoration.
  • With our expertise and commitment to excellence, you can trust Good to Go Restoration for all your mold removal needs. 

Contact us

Good to Go Restoration emergency service is available 24/7
Call us at (425) 382-2956 

Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will answer your questions and provide the best mold removal solution.

Call us today to schedule an appointment or to get more information about our services. We look forward to helping keep your home or business safe from mold!